Oh Ley Yah! :D
Thursday, November 26, 2009 @ 3:31 PM
WHOOPS~!
I seemed to forget about this blog, hahaha. I back from camp since a long long time ago. Or rather, half a camp to be exact.
Advance party was awesome. Just can't get enough of how cool the whole team unites when we tie the rope obstacles and panic when the rain falls. I finally mastered the art of tying rope obstacles! Got a free polo tee from the CIP activity called Dads for Life. And you can never guess how we managed to distribute the goodie bags in such a short period of time. (Inserts evil laughter here.) Oh yes, thanks to Mr Chew for the meal too! :D
Got to facebook a little the next morning cos Bryan fixed the internet connection, woots! Sleeping on tables just isn't the thing for me, those backaches on the first day of camp were irritating! Just looking at how the cadet leaders conduct the various activities in the camp and how the campers endure through the camp brings back a lot of memories. Memories of how we burnt a hole in the lockers during our camp, and the hell-like experience of the unmistakable Sir Cheehoe's PT. Aww~
Well, I must say that this batch of cadet leaders really have their way in conducting activities. There weren't major hiccups in the camp, and they did not overrun at all. Just.. I don't know, maybe they didn't succeed in bringing the activity level of the cadets to the fullest? Hahaha. YES, I must mention that the sudden emergency drill given on the first night definitely gave all the cadets a good scare. Unkempt hair, improper attire, missing belongings.. They finally got a taste of how their camp experience should be, for the first-timers at least. And that's when they start to owe the pumpings. (Y)
Have you ever felt like when your days are packed with activities, time really flies? (I seemed to have typed/written this somewhere before.)
The heavy downpour on the first day of camp forced our hike to Bukit Timah Hill to be postponed to the second day morning. The weather was good, and it felt like the whole unit was going on an excursion together, that child-like feeling. Everyone was ready with their backpacks, huge bottles of water and of course, the OMG-WHAT-IS-IT-GONNA-BE-LIKE feeling. And you know such activities cannot do without a camera, hahaha. (Photos are on fb!) Then we're off for the hike! For the first hour or so, the cadets were chirpy, jumpy and you can clearly hear whispers going around. For the next hour, cadets gradually became softer, less fidgety and smiles on their faces (if there were any at all from the start) start to wear off. And for the next, you can describe them as the walking dead(s) already. It's just human for them to behave like this, and from how I observe it, it seems so funny. And if there's ever one cadet who's still jumping around, singing, talking loudly.. you know it must be Linfang.
We didn't manage to hit the summit though, due to some administrative matters that prohibited the large group from going up the hill, so we took a turn and walked the route to the quarry instead. The serene view of the quarry is simply calming and soothing. Snapped a few pictures there and set off back to school.
That's where my camp ended. As to why this post is named as Oh Ley Yah, it seems to be a cheer composed by the cadet leaders for the campers to repay their 'debts'. (Video posted on fb as well!) Really cute when they did the cheer. Although I missed their campfire and nightwalk, I'm sure they missed me, HAHAHA.
:D